Companies who are granted observer status will have the opportunity to learn how GNI’s Principles are implemented and see more closely how the organization works for a non-renewable 12-month period.
As an observer, a company will have the following opportunities:
• Participation in dedicated policy and learning sessions around GNI board meetings – Observers will be welcome to attend dedicated sessions on policy engagement and learning that will be scheduled during GNI’s bi-monthly board meetings.
• Annual Multi-stakeholder learning forum and Learning and Implementation Calls – Observers will be welcome to attend GNI’s annual multi-stakeholder learning forum the first one of which will be held in early summer 2012 and participate in selected learning and implementation calls.
• Advice and engagement from current Participants and Staff – Current participants and GNI staff will be available to the observer on an ad hoc basis to answer questions related to GNI.
The observer status term will last for twelve months. Observer status is nonrenewable and will not be granted to an organization more than once. GNI annual member fees for companies are based on a sliding scale according to revenue, and the observer status fee will be a percentage of the cost of annual membership.
Step 1 – A Statement of Intent
• Your interest in pursuing observer status with GNI
• How our work relates to your organization
• Your commitment to the confidential nature of the discussions within GNI
• Your commitment to describe your organization as an observer of GNI and not a participant or member
Please also include relevant information about your organization, such as annual reports, and other explanatory materials.
Step 2 – A detailed conversation
Once we have received your statement of intent we will contact you to discuss observer status in more detail.
Step 3 – The Decision by the GNI Board
The decision whether or not to grant GNI observer status to a company is based on several factors. After consultation with our current members and conversations with you, the Executive Director will present your application to the GNI Board. Granting observer status requires approval by vote of the GNI board.
Step 4 – Notification of the GNI Board’s decision
You will be contacted by the Executive Director about the GNI Board’s decision.